A Refreshing Caribbean Cocktail That's Good All Year Long.
- 8 fresh sorrel florets
· One 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
· 2 oz Bombay Sapphire Gin
· 1 Solo J pear soda
· 2 tsp fresh lime juice
· 4 tsp simple syrup
· 2 dozen pimento seeds
· Thyme and sorrel florets for garnish
- First, we’ll get to crushing. Each drink takes 4 sorrel florets, a piece of ginger and a dozen pimento seeds. Muddle those fruits up. If you’re doing a large batch you can throw everything into a food processor!
- Add a jigger of gin and allow a few minutes for the flavors to be extracted! For an even better flavor, you can soak the mashed fruits in gin ONLY for an hour before finishing the drink.
- Next, add a little bit of lime juice and simple syrup.
- Shake with ice in a shaker.
- Use a strainer to pour into a champagne flute and then full to the top with pear soda, and you’re almost done!
- The last thing to do is add your garnish. Another sorrel floret gives it some color and you can garnish with thyme for a sweet floral aroma.
- Repeat for as many glasses as you like and you’re done!!
Use a cold Solo Pear J or Mix it up with another flavour adn let us know how it works out. Have fun and Enjoy Responsibly.
Other recipes you might like