Recipe by: Chef Walker-Barrett CEC/PCIII
Yield: 4 Servings
- Score Plantain peels lengthwise with a knife, and then removing the peels. Slice Plantains into 1 inch thick pieces (each Plantain will make 5-6 pieces).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in 1 cup Vegetable Oil to cover the pan.
- When the oil is hot, add in Plantain pieces. Cook Plantains on one side for approximately 2 minutes, until brown. Flip Plantains to cook on the other side. Cook approximately 2 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Allow Plantain pieces to cool for a few minutes until you are able to handle them. Smash Plantain pieces with the bottom of a plate or other flat object to flatten.
- Once all pieces are flattened, heat skillet again to medium heat and add more oil if necessary to cover the pan. Cook flattened pieces 1-2 minutes per side, until brown and crispy but not burnt. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add CPJ Bacon Burger and cook according to package instructions. Add 1 slice of HILLANDALE FARMS Pepper jack Cheese to each CPJ Bacon Burger Patty, Cover pot with a lid and allow cheese to melt slightly over Patties (about 30 seconds).
- Spread 1 teaspoon softened ARLA Natural Cream Cheese on each plantain pieces. Place a CPJ Bacon Burger between two pieces of fried Plantains with Lettuce, Tomatoes and Onions and dig in!
Other recipes you might like