Celebrate the Holidays with CPJ Ham glazed with Jack Daniel's.
- CPJ Whole/Half Leg or Picnic Ham
- 2 tbsp. Whole Cloves (optional)
- For Glaze:
- 5oz Jack Daniel's Old No.7 Whiskey
- 6oz Eaton's Mango Jam
- 4oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Remove ham from the refrigerator and thaw.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees °F.
- Remove skin from ham. Using a sharp paring knife, score through
the fat in a diagonal crosshatch pattern without cutting through
to the meat.
- Insert cloves into the ham (if using), placing them at the intersections of the cuts.
- Place ham on rack in roasting pan and cover with foil paper.
Half hams should be cooked flat/face side down. Picnic/Whole ham
should be cooked fat side up.
- Pour 1/4 inch water into the bottom of the pan. Transfer to the
oven and roast for approximately 2-3 hour (15 minutes per pound),
until internal temperature of ham registers 130°F using
thermometer inserted into the thickest section of the ham. Do not
- Remove foil from ham.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
Lower heat and simmer until glaze thicken and takes a syrup-like consistency for 3 minutes.
- Pour half of the glaze over the ham and brush to coat. Replenish water in pan if evaporates. Garnish ham with Pineapple & Cherries and return to oven and roast, basting every 10 minutes with remaining glaze until glossy and well browned, about 30-45 minutes more.
To store glaze, refrigerate up to 2 weeks. Reheat before using.
Other recipes you might like