Spicy garlic goodness!
- 225g or 1/2 block of Arla Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- Scotch Bonnet Salt
- 1 Fennel (diced)
- 1 Cup Panamei Peeled Shrimp (finely chopped)
- 1 Ciabatta Loaf
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon or Lime (cut into wedges - to serve)
- The day before, melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and add the garlic thyme, bay leaf and nutmeg.
- Add the chopped shrimps to the pan, stir about 1-2 minutes to cook through until shrimp turn red and opaque. Season with a pinch or two of cotch bonnet salt.
- Using a large, slotted spoon, remove the prawns and press them into your ramekins (or serving dish). Allow to cool, then chill for 10-15 mins or until set. Once set, pour the leftover butter in the saucepan over the prawns to cover it. Add a few pieces of the thyme, and fennel. Return to the fridge to set overnight.
- When ready to serve, toast slice of baguette, or soft white bread. Spread a spoonful of the shrimp spread on the bread and dig in! Also, you can slather this butter over grilled steak for a luxurious surf and turf dinner.
Other recipes you might like